Hannah is the type of person and professional it would be easy to take for granted. She is responsible, talented, consistent, caring and creative, and she is all of those things every day in choir at both BOHS and BJH. She adapts to whatever we need, and always has a kind word for the kids. There is no one I have ever met with Hannah's credentials, heart, talent and integrity all rolled up into a keyboard player of the highest degree. I am so glad that Brea Olinda Unified saw fit to recognize her this year as the districts CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR! Congratualtions Hannah!
- 0. COVER PAGE
- 1. DAVE'S DAILY NEWS...
- 1.5 DAVE WILLERT & DOUG KUHL
- 2. A LITERARY HISTORY OF THE DIMENSIONS NOVELS
- 3. WHAT'S UP WITH DAVE?
- 4. THE UNWRITTEN RULES OF COMPETITIVE SHOW CHOIR
- 5. RUTH JANE WILLERT (1922-2018) MY WONDERFUL, MUSICAL MOM!
- 5.1 TELLING A STORY
- 5.2 DAVE'S COLLECTED QUOTES AND SAYINGS
- 6. PENGELUM! STARRING DAVE WILLERT & STEPHEN MEDLEY 1968-1976
- 7. TEACHING CHORAL MUSIC TIPS
- 8. DAVE'S MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS
- 9. IN A PERFECT WORLD...
- 10. IT'S A NEW DAWN, IT'S NEW DAY, IT'S A NEW LIFE!
- 11. DAMAR PRODUCTIONS- DAVE & MARGARET MUSIC CO.
- 12. MY MEMORIES OLD AND NEW...
- 13. NORCO HIGH SCHOOL CHOIR 1977-79 BLOG
- 14. NOGALES HIGH SCHOOL CHOIR 1979-98 BLOG
- 15. MEMORIES OF NOGALES HIGH SCHOOL CHOIR 1979-1998
- 16. DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL CHOIR 1998-2005 BLOG
- 17. MEMORIES OF DIAMOND BAR HIGH SCHOOL CHOIR 1998-2005
- 18. BREA OLINDA HIGH SCHOOL CHOIR 2005-PRESENT BLOG
- 19. BREA OLINDA HIGH SCHOOL SHOW CHOIRS HALL OF FAME 2006-2010
- 19.1 BREA OLINDA HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS
- 20. STEVE MEDLEY: HIS MUSIC WILL PLAY FOREVER!
- 21. LIVING LAUGHING!
- 22. WE'LL ALL MISS BORDERS...
- 23. DAVE'S MUSICAL HISTORY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM HIS FRIENDS
- 24. DAVE'S "WHATEVER" PAGE...
- 25. I CAN IMAGINE MANY THINGS...
- 26. REMEMBERING WALT DISNEY
- 27. EMILY HAAGER...A REMEMBRANCE
- 28. REMEMBERING ALLISON PAIGE PURDOM WITH LOVE
- 29. IN MEMORY OF DON CLOUD
I wish our seniors a wonderful journey as they approach adulthood, go to college, start their families and seek to find and complete their dreams. The Choir Room will always be there for you, and I will be too. Please visit often, and know that we will always be friends in music no matter how much time passes. Love, Dave
After 28 years of teaching high school choirs, I had no idea I would be changing jobs in the summer of 2005. I learned that my good friend and fellow choir director, Mark Henson was leaving
Brea after 13 years, and with my son Alex an incoming Freshman, I called the Principal and asked to be on the hiring panel. He agreed. At some point, and I can't really place it, I decided it could be pretty great to teach in the city I lived in and to be my son's teacher for 4 years. It was then that I applied. In the interview I remember sharing the fact that I liked to run things my way with as little interference as possible. I was pretty sure that cocky tone probably knocked me out of the running, and I was then prepared to return to Diamond Bar. Well, an hour later I got the phone call, I discussed it with my family, and the rest is history. Hannah, Doug and I all moved to Brea, and PIZZAZZ found a new home. We have never looked back.
Start blogging by creating a new post. You can edit or delete me by clicking under the comments. You can also customize your sidebar by dragging in elements from the top bar.